Monday, April 27, 2020

Grad Cat Cards with Lynn and Ashley

Hello there! It’s Lynn and today I'm sharing a fun graduation card I created featuring the new Grad Cat stamp set and coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Arch Dies Cat Themed Congratulations Card by Lynn Put

To create my graduation card, I started out by stamping the adorable cat image along with four of the book images from the Grad Cat set and colored them using Copic markers then die cutting them out using the coordinating dies.

Next I used the Frilly Frames Herringbone dies and used just the stitched outside portion of the die to die cut a piece of brilliant blue Classic Gingham paper and also a piece of white card stock for my background. I also added a strip of black card stock along the bottom of my background. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Arch Dies Cat Themed Congratulations Card by Lynn Put

After that I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Stitched Arch dies and stamped my sentiment along the bottom. I adhered my images popping up the cat and books with foam tape. I stamped three little stars from the set around the cat and colored them with Copic markers then I adhered my white arch piece to my card front to complete my card.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley! Are you all super excited for the new release? It's amazing! Today I combined one of the new sets, Grad Cat, with an older set, Purrfect Birthday, to create a cute graduation card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Frilly Frame Dies Purrfect Birthday Cat Themed Congratulations Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by stamping the images from Grad Cat and Purrfect Birthday in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I colored with my Copics and cut everything out with the matching dies.

I masked off the bottom of a piece of white cardstock and blended Lawn Fawn Lemonade ink on the upper half, then splattered it with Liquid Pixie Dust from InkOn3 for glittery confetti. I removed the mask and stamped my sentiment from Grad Cat below the line in Jet Black. I arranged the kitty family on the card, popping the graduating kitty sitting on the book up with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Grad Cat Frilly Frame Dies Purrfect Birthday Cat Themed Congratulations Card by Ashley Ebben

For finishing touches, I added some confetti from Purrfect Birthday with Hero Arts Butter Bar ink and a small stamp block. I then die cut a black frame with the new Frilly Frames Herringbone die. It almost looks like a framed family photo!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you all have fun playing with the new release!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Stamps
Grad Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Grad Cat Dies
Grad Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! I can't wait for my order to come and use this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Will definitely need to add this set to my collection!
    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete