Monday, February 3, 2020

Prancing Pegasus Cards with Lynn and Ashley

Hey everyone, it’s Lynn here. As soon as I saw the new Prancing Pegasus stamp set and coordinating Prancing Pegasus diesI knew I wanted to use them to create a shaker card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Frilly Frame Dies Sunny Sentiments Birthday Shaker Card by Lynn Putt

To create my card I started out by stamping the Pegasus image and two clouds from the Sunny Sentiments stamp set and colored them using Copic markers. I die cut the Pegasus using the coordinating die and the clouds using the Sunny Sentiments dies.

Next I created my shaker panel, I used the Frilly Frames Hexagon dies and die cut a piece of white card stock then I used two stitched rectangle dies, one to die cut an opening in my Frilly Frames Hexagon panel and another to die cut the white panel for my images which I matted in blue card stock. After that, I trim down a piece of acetate and adhered it to the backside of my frame piece and then added two layers of foam tape all around the edges. Then came the fun part of filling my shaker, I used some of the new Iridescent Pastel Confetti and I also die cut some pink card stock hearts from the Basic Mini Shapes II dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Frilly Frame Dies Sunny Sentiments Birthday Shaker Card by Lynn Putt

Once my shaker was filled, I used a piece of the Spring Fling designer paper to seal off the back of my shaker and adhered it to a white card base. I then stamped my sentiment on to the small rectangle along with three stars from the Prancing Pegasus set, added my blue card stock mat and adhered it to the front of my card. I added the clouds and used foam tape to adhere my Pegasus. As a final touch I used some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the stars and the mane and tail of the Pegasus.

-------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! It's Ashley with a super fun slider card featuring the new Prancing Pegasus and Enchanted sets! I've never made a slider card before, but the video and instructions on the Sliding Window page made it so easy! I think the result really is magical!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Enchanted Sliding Window Dies Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by ink blending the three pieces of cardstock needed to make the slider. I did two identically, and then just the sky colors for the smaller pull piece. I grabbed 80# cardstock out of habit, but I think I'll use 110# in the future so the card is sturdier. I used Distress Oxides in Victorian Velvet, Wilted Violet, and Chipped Sapphire for the sky and Peeled Paint for the grass. I added silver and gold watercolor splatters for some pretty shine.

I stamped my pegasus from Prancing Pegasus and my princess and castle from Enchanted in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink, colored with Copics, and cut out with the matching dies. I used the Sliding Window dies to cut out the window and notch on one of my blended panels and laid out my images to determine the placement of my sentiments. I stamped my sentiments in VersaMark and embossed with white before assembling the slider.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Prancing Pegasus Enchanted Sliding Window Dies Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

Once the slider was assembled, I stamped "pull" from a set in my stash. I decided the card still needed something, so I stamped and colored several stars from Prancing Pegasus. I scattered the stars around the card and used a clear Wink of Stella shimmer pen on the pegasus's wings and the stars for a finishing touch.

I think this turned out so cute! I don't make a lot of interactive cards, but I will definitely be making another of these in the future! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a magical day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Enchanted Stamps
Enchanted Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Enchanted Dies
Enchanted Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Prancing Pegasus Stamps
Prancing Pegasus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Prancing Pegasus Dies
Prancing Pegasus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment