Friday, February 7, 2020

Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Focused Cards with Juliana and Candice

Hello crafty friends! It's Juliana here and today I'll be sharing how the Frilly Fames Eyelet Lace Die can be used for both embossing and die cutting to create a beautiful background for a card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies Pink Peonies Birthday Card by Juliana Michaels

I began by stamping and coloring all the images from the Pink Peonies Stamp Set with Copic Markers. I then die cut them using the coordinating dies. Once this was finished I set them to the side to work on the background.

To create the embossed design, I took a piece of white cardstock and used the inside die from the Frilly Fames Eyelet Lace Die to emboss it. By using a silicone mat with your die cutting machine you can achieve this look. I recommend referring to the instruction manual for your manual die cutting machine on how to do this. Once the paper was embossed, I then die cut it using a simple stitched rectangle die. I then took the outside die from the Frilly Fames Eyelet Lace Die and used it to die cut a piece of white cardstock. Next, I layered these piece together and mounted them both to a piece of colored cardstock that coordinated with my colored images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies Pink Peonies Birthday Card by Juliana Michaels

With the background complete, I then began arranging the stamped images and adhered them with double sided foam tape for a bit of depth and dimension. I finished off the card by stamping Happy Birthday from the Floating By Stamp Set.

I hope you enjoyed learning that you can use your dies for embossing as well as die cutting. Don't you just love learning how to stretch your supplies? Thanks so much for stopping by today!

---------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday friends! It's Candice back with you today using the new Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die in a fun way! Because of the scalloped edge I can use it to create a slimline panel, a perfect way to extend my dies!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies Chickie Baby Spring Scene Fluffy Clouds Dies Spring Showers Everyday Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio Stamps products for my card:
I began my slimline by creating an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base which is a perfect size for your standard envelopes. To create the slimline panel using the new Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die, I first run it through the die cutting machine, stopping just before you cut the bottom. Then you measure how high you want the frame to be and flip it and do the same to the other side, making sure you have lined it up fitting into the scalloped and stitched cuts. I then measured on the card front how wide I wanted it and repeat the steps above until you have the frame! It is easier done than explained!  

For the background, I first added the stitched clouds and then inked with abandoned coral, dried marigold & squeezed lemonade oxide inks. Next I stamped the chickskites, cloudstrees, & hearts, colored with copic markers and used the coordinating dies listed above to cut them out.

I layered one row of the trees on a scrap piece of white cardstock and cut out the bottom using the eyelet frame die adhering with foam tape over another layer of trees on the inked panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies Chickie Baby Spring Scene Fluffy Clouds Dies Spring Showers Everyday Card by Candice Fisher

To put the card together, I added hearts to the clouds and adhered with foam tape trimming the edges with scissors. The chicks and kites were also put on the card with foam tape around the clouds.

For the sentiment, I first heat embossed in black on a banner, leaving space for the heart and inked over with squeezed lemonade to match the sky. I adhered with foam tape and added a few nuvo drops in red, orange and yellow.

I hope you are inspired to try creating slimline frames, I have done it with a few of Sunny Studio's frilly frames, and find the scalloped and straight edges line up perfectly! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hogs & Kisses Stamps
Hogs & Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hogs & Kisses Dies
Hogs & Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Stamps
Floating By Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Stamps
Pink Peonies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Dies
Pink Peonies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Dies
Spring Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment