Saturday, January 18, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Spring Showers Cards with Nicky Meek

Hello everybody, Nicky Meeks here! Today I am so happy to be guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps. I've created two cards using the super sweet Spring Showers stamp set and coordinating dies. This first card also features the new Spring Scenes stamps and coordinating dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

To create this card I ink blended the background and used a stencil from my collection to subtly stencil in the sunshine. I distressed the background by splattering water droplets and blotting them up and then splashing on some paint. I attached this to a 110lb white cardstock base which is lovely and sturdy for supporting such a dimensional card.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the image from Spring Scenes and coloured it with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped and it was die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

On more Copic friendly cardstock the kids from Spring Showers were stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and then also coloured with Copics. They were die cut and applied to the scene with yet more foam tape. Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

To finish up the card I die cut the clouds using the Spring Showers dies (without stamping them first), backed them with foam tape and applied them. I also added in some flowers and butterflies making sure that the eye goes around the card.

Hope you like this card but now for something completely different using other images from Spring Showers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

This is basically a background card with some clouds and raindrops popped up on top. To create it I took an A2 panel of white Copic friendly cardstock. I stamped the three umbrella images randomly using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

I used Copic marker to colour them and used a couple of pale blue colours to edge around them. Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I used a simple stitched edge die from my stash to define the edges a little. The background panel was applied to a 110lb white cardstock base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Scenes Spring Showers Everyday Cards by Nicky Meek

I die cut the clouds again without stamping them first. I stamped the sentiments on some of them and then popped them up on different amounts of foam tape so that they appear to float. The final touch was to glue the raindrop embellishments in place.

Thank you so much for stopping by to read today.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Dies
Spring Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment