Friday, January 24, 2020

Cheerful Daisies Cards with Juliana and Candice

Hello crafty friends! It's Juliana here and today I'm excited to share a birthday card I created using the Cheerful Daises Stamp Set. As always, the Sunny Studio Stamps layering stamps are so much fun to create with.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cheerful Daisies Botanical Backdrop Dies Spring Themed Best Wishes Card by Juliana Michaels

I began actually by creating the background for this card. I knew I wanted white daises, so I thought a green colored background would work nicely. I used a technique called Distress Oxide Glazing technique that Jennifer McGuire shared. I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite technique right now! You begin by stamping your Distress Oxide colors onto a craft mat. You then spritz the inks with water and drag and dab a piece of Ranger Alcohol Ink Cardstock through the inks. You dry it with a heat tool and then repeat process. You can even flick ink onto it with a paintbrush. Always drying in between each layer. Once you are happy with the design, grab some Distress Micro Glaze and a foam blending tool. This is where the magic happens. Dab the foam into the Glaze and then wipe it on to the cardstock. You will instantly see how the paper, colors and design are altered. They colors begin to pop and the layers are revealed. It's seriously magical! For this card I used a mix of green Distress Oxide to help avoid the colors from getting muddy.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cheerful Daisies Botanical Backdrop Dies Spring Themed Best Wishes Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the background was complete, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the Botanical Backdrop Die. Before I adhered this piece, I stamped Best Wishes from the Pink Peonies Stamp Set with Versafine Ink. I then sprinkled it with black embossing powder and heat set it with a heat gun.

Now onto those Cheerful Daisies! As I mentioned, I knew I wanted white daises. To achieve this, I skipped stamping the base image and only stamped the detailed image using Scrapbook.com Hybrid Ink in Rainy Day. I then used Lantern Light, Daffodil and Honeycomb to stamp the flower center. I repeated this for both flowers until I had five flowers stamped. I then die cut them with the coordinating dies. For the leaves, I again skipped stamping the base and stamped the other layers using Guacamole and Olive.

To complete the card, I added a touch of sparkle and shine using some of the pink confetti from the Iridescent Pastel Confetti.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Candice with you today wishing you a fabulous crafty weekend! To get you inspired, I am sharing a bright card using the Cheerful Daisies stamp set from the new spring release! I used some new and older sets to create my card:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cheerful Daisies Frilly Frame Dies Banner Basics Chubby Bunny Spring Themed Card by Candice Fisher

For the background, I first die cut the scalloped frame with the chevron from thick white cardstock and a second chevron from Bristol smooth that I had inked with mustard seed and squeezed lemonade oxide inks. I glued the frame down and added the yellow pieces in between.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cheerful Daisies Frilly Frame Dies Banner Basics Chubby Bunny Spring Themed Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the daisies and leaves using the wonderful guides printed right on the stamp cover with colored inks and cut out using the coordinating dies. I then stamped the bunny and chick in light grey, using the no line coloring technique with copic markers and cut out with the coordinating dies.

I used the light grey ink to stamp the banner, cut out with the banner dies and stamped the sentiment in green. I used foam tape to adhere them to the card front and added some yellow and white pearls for shine.

Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chubby Bunny Stamps
Chubby Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chubby Bunny Dies
Chubby Bunny Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Banner Basics Stamps
Banner Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Banner Basics Dies
Banner Basics Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cheerful Daisies Stamps
Cheerful Daisies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cheerful Daisies Dies
Cheerful Daisies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Stamps
Pink Peonies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment