Monday, December 9, 2019

Layered Poinsettia Cards with Eloise and Leanne

Hi friends, Eloise here and today I’m using the Layered Poinsettia’s Die Set to create some Christmas Tags. I used the Scalloped Tag Circle Dies for the base and also used the Woodgrain Embossing Folder for some added texture and the Merry Mice Stamp Set for the sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Scalloped Tag Circle Dies Merry Christmas Tags by Eloise Blue

I started off with die cutting out all my layers of the poinsettia die from different shades of cardstock. I then layered them together and adhered them. While I was die cutting, I also cut out three Scalloped Circle Tags from white cardstock and also grey cardstock and then ran the white ones through with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Scalloped Tag Circle Dies Merry Christmas Tags by Eloise Blue

Next I cut down the grey pieces a little to create a diagonal look, added foam tape onto the bottom and adhered them onto my white tags at the bottom. I then adhered the poinsettia’s with foam tape too. For the sentiment I used the Merry Mice Stamp Set, curved the ‘Merry Christmas’ in my MISTI and stamped it with black ink onto the bases of the tags. Lastly, I tied two types of twine through the tops of each of the tags.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed these tags and I’ll see you next week.

--------------------------------------------------

Hi crafty friends, Leanne here! I have another card to share that features the Layered Poinsettia. If you recall, my card from last week combined the poinsettia and buffalo plaid. I really loved that look so I have used that combination again for this week. I've used a very traditional color palette with some glittery accents for a more elegant design.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Christmas Trimmings Merry Christmas Card by Leanne West

I started with an A2 sized card base. I cut a panel of white card stock about a quarter inch smaller than A2 dimensions. I added some black paint splatters then layered it on top of some black glitter card stock with foam tape. I created a red and black plaid strip using a stamp from the Background Basics set. I adhered this strip towards the left side. I stamped out some pine boughs from the Christmas Trimmings set. I created the Layered Poinsettia using dark green card stock for the bottom layer and white for all the petals. I used a light green ink pad with a sponge dubber to add shading to the larger petal edges and completely color the tiny petals. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Christmas Trimmings Merry Christmas Card by Leanne West

Before adhering the pine boughs and poinsettia, I heat embossed the greeting in silver. The Merry Christmas greeting also comes from the Christmas Trimming set. To finish off the card, I frosted the poinsettia petals with Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops and scattered a few dots of Nuvo Sliver Crystals Glitter Drops. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Background Basics Stamps
Background Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Trimmings Dies
Christmas Trimmings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment