Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Embossing Folder Focused Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello Sunny Studio Friends! It's Juliana and today I'm here to share a quick and easy card you can create using the Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder and Santa's Stocking Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Santa's Stocking Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

I began with the stocking from the Santa's Stocking Dies and cut it from red cardstock. I then embossed it using the Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder. Next, I took a black dye ink pad and rubbed it gently over the raised part of the embossed design to make the stocking red and black. You might want to practice this technique on a scrap of embossed paper first, but the main thing to keep is mind is that you don't really push down so much as rub it across the paper.

To decorate the stocking, I cut the trim and heel/toe pieces from Therm O Web Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheets in White Latte for a bit of texture and interest. For the finishing touch I added a poinsettia created using the Layered Poinsettia Die. I happened to have an extra one laying around so it came in handy for making this card come together quickly. You might look around your stash of die cuts and embellishments for something you can add to your stocking!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Santa's Stocking Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

You might be asking how I made the card base in the shape of the stocking. To do this, take a piece of cardstock cut to 4.25 x 11 inches and fold it in half. Place the stocking die so that the top edge of the die is over the edge of the fold. That way when you cut the paper it will keep the fold for the card intact. Then just run the piece through your die cut machine and voilá you have a stocking shaped card!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this Christmas card inspiration using the Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder and Santa's Stocking Dies.

--------------------------------------------

Hi friends! Angelica here, and I have a new card to share with you today. I used the Buffalo Plaid Embossing Folder to bring color and texture to this cheerful Thank You card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Sunflower Fields Thank You Card by Angelica Conrad

I taped white card stock to the inside of the embossing folder, then rubbed Wendy Vecchi Garden Patina Blendable Dye Ink on the other side of the folder. I ran it through my die-cut machine, then repeated the process two more times. Once finished, I trimmed the panel to a square, and attached it to a card front I had die-cut with Frilly Frames Retro Petals stitched rectangle. I used Sunflower Fields stamp set to stamp the sunflower and sentiment. I attached everything together, and attached the card front to a card base with foam adhesive. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Sunflower Fields Thank You Card by Angelica Conrad

Inks used on sunflower and leaves: Altenew Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag; Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Evergreen. 

Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope I have helped with ideas using embossing folders.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Santa's Stocking Dies
Santa's Stocking Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Dies
Sunflower Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Embossing
Buffalo Plaid Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment