Friday, December 13, 2019

Christmas Garland Frame Cards with Candice and Rachel

Candice with you today, sharing a different use for the new Christmas Garland Frame die as coral!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Merry Mice Scenic Route Best Fishes Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

The Sunny Studio products I used for my card:
For the background, I first heat embossed the bubbles in white and then inked over with tumbled glass oxide ink. I then die cut the Christmas Garland Frame from navy glitter paper, using a shim to get a deep cut through the thickness of the cardstock. I love how it looks like coral for this card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Merry Mice Scenic Route Best Fishes Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the fishes and winter accessories, colored with Copic markers and then used the coordinating dies listed above to cut out. The christmas lights I stamped and cut out with the coordinating dies, colored with Copics and added yellow Stickles for some shimmer.

To finish the card, I heat embossed the sentiment in white from both the Merry Mice and Best Fishes stamp sets on a red banner. For the embellishments, I simply added a few navy domes from the Rainbow Pearls.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! It's Rachel here and I have a festive winter card that features the gorgeous Christmas Garland Frame Die. I've combined this die with the Jolly Gingerbread Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Jolly Gingerbread Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

To create my frame, I first started with a piece of Ranger White Watercolor Paper that I had trimmed to slightly larger than 4.25" x 5.5". I then quickly watercolored this piece with both Daniel Smith Viridian Watercolor Paint and Ken Oliver Turquoise Colorburst Watercolor Powder. I then let this piece dry before I die cut it. Once I had it cut out, I then splattered it with both dark green diluted watercolor paint as well as diluted Opaque White Paint. I added some of this diluted white paint to the ends of each piece to resemble fallen snow.

Next I trimmed a piece of smooth white card stock to 4.25" x 5.5" and lightly blended some Catherine Pooler Hot Tub Ink. I splattered this blended area with both some water drops as well as some more diluted white paint. I added some stitched snow drifts using the Woodland Border Dies. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Jolly Gingerbread Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my images, I stamped them onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and colored everything with Copics. I cut them out and then added them to my card with both liquid adhesive and 3D Foam Tape depending on which ones I wanted to add more dimension to. I used a fun sentiment from the Jolly Gingerbread Set and added it to the left side of my front snow drift before adding it to my card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my card today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Jolly Gingerbread Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Jolly Gingerbread Dies
Jolly Gingerbread Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment