Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Frilly Frame Dies Focused Cards with Angelica and Juliana

Hi friends, Angelica here with a fun fall card. I love the colors of fall, and decided to color the petals in the Frilly Frames Retro Petals in a fall rainbow. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Woodsy Autumn Fall Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

I love the Frilly Frames collection. Each set comes with two dies- an outside frame, and an inside pattern. I taped the two dies together with purple tape to get the same cut three times. I die-cut a white card stock panel attached to a Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive sheet. I lifted the frame off the adhesive sheet, and was left with the petals. I colored the petals with Copic Markers in rainbow order. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Woodsy Autumn Fall Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

I die- cut another panel of white card stock with the same Frilly Frames, then attached it to a card base. I added the petals, one at a time, with tweezers. Once finished, I attached a brown card stock die cut frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Woodsy Autumn Fall Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

I stamped a sentiment from Woodsy Autumn stamp set onto white card stock, and trimmed it to a small strip. I added the sentiment with thin foam squares to finish the card. 

I hope I have helped with ideas on how to use this pretty die. Thanks for stopping by!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Sunny Studio Friends! It's Juliana and today I'm sharing a fall themed card featuring the Frilly Frames Retro Petals Die. Instead of using the die as a die, I'm sharing how to get an embossed look with them. I always love stretching my supplies and getting the most out of them. Don't you?!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Happy Harvest Fall Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

To create the background, I took the inside piece from the Frilly Frames Retro Petals Die and a piece of water color paper. I then layered it per the die cutting machine instructions on how to emboss with a die. This varies from machine to machine, so please refer to your specific one for details. I then ran it through my machine and it revealed a beautifully embossed design. Next, I took the stitched frame and die cut the embossed paper to give it the stitched edge.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Happy Harvest Fall Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the embossing and die cutting was complete, I inked the paper with a mix of Distress Oxide in Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber and Mustard Seed. To activate the oxide, I spritzed the paper with water and dabbed it dry.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Happy Harvest Fall Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

I then stamped a border of leaves using the Elegant Leaves Stamps. I stamped these images using the Distress Oxide Inks as well. For the leaves I used Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap and Forest Moss. I love the the embossed design shows through the stamped leaves. This technique works really great for stamp images that have a more solid design. To finish off the card, I added a sentiment from the Happy Harvest Stamp Set.

I hope you enjoyed learning how to stretch your Frilly Frame Dies and use them to emboss. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: