Saturday, August 3, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Karin Åkesdotter

Hi Everyone! I'm Karin Åkesdotter from Peppermint Patty’s Papercraft and I am so excited to be here to share some cards that I've created with Sunny Studio Stamp’s fall release!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Birthday Card by Karin Åkesdotter

My first card, featuring the Plane Awesome stamp set, is quite fast and simple to make. Make a card base from white cardstock and then cut a background panel that is slightly smaller. Ink the panel using distress inks. I used Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Birthday Card by Karin Åkesdotter

Then stamp, color and die cut the images using the coordinating dies, and adhere to card with self adhesive tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Fabulous Flamingos Cards by Karin Åkesdotter

To illustrate the beauty of the new Frilly Frames Retro Petals dies, I created a background panel which I added to a card base made from acetate. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Fabulous Flamingos Cards by Karin Åkesdotter

I then decorated a smaller stitched die cut from the summer release Summer Splash paper pad and decorated it with lots of lovely die cuts from Fabulous Flamingos.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Friendship Card by Karin Åkesdotter

For my last card I made my own stencils using a semi circle die and some cloud dies. I then inked my panel center with a sunset sky look using distress ink: Scattered straw, lemonade and Picked Raspberry. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Friendship Card by Karin Åkesdotter

I them stamped my images using the Plane Awesome stamp set, colored and die cut my images using the coordinating dies before adding them to the panel with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Dies
Plane Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are all fabulous...that last card though...the colors are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete