Thursday, July 25, 2019

Frilly Frames Focused Cards with Vanessa and Anja

Hi everybody! Vanessa here with a see-through shaker card using the wonderful Frilly Frames Hexagon. I realized that the cute Just Bee-cause set can be used to have double-sided images, so I had the idea for this.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Just Bee-cause Shaker Card by Vanessa Menhorn

First, I die-cut the frame twice from yellow cardstock, backed them with clear cardstock and created the shaker window with fun foam. After I had filled one side with sequins, beads and Clay Flower Confetti, I assembled both sides.

Now I stamped the images twice onto white cardstock, colored them with Copics, die-cut the elements with the matching dies and adhered them to the front and back of the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Just Bee-cause Shaker Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment twice onto a strip of black cardstock, trimmed it and adhered the pieces to the front and back. Finally, I adhered some of the cut-out hexagons.

I love the Frilly Frames series, they offer so many possibilities! Thank you for stopping by today, see you next week!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Anja here and I'm back again with a new inspiration card featuring the Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Silly Sloth Punny Card by Anja Bytyqi

My grey card base is a bit smaller than the regular A2 size. First, I ran the 2-piece die set together through my die cutting machine to create the white retro petal background with a stitched border. Next, I adhered a colorful Distress Oxide ink blended panel behind it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Silly Sloth Punny Card by Anja Bytyqi

I stamped this little cutie and some leaves from the Silly Sloths set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut out the images. I die cut the stitched label (Sliding Window Dies) from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. To finish off my card, I adhered a small purple clay heart (Pink & Purple Heart Confetti).

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a slothsome day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Dies
Just Bee-cause Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

4 comments:

  1. Both of these ideas for using the new dies are SO sweet! Glad I didn't resist the urge to add both to my purchase. Keep up the great inspirations for card making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous. With the first shaker card, how exactly did you do the "middle" part of where the sequins sits? I understand the double cut of the yellow outside on boht sides, but what is holding the sequins and what clear "window' sheet do you use to make this all happen? Thank you for helping a novice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You adhere a clear acetate sheet (Grafix makes the ones I use, but I think they are a few companies available) and then you add a thin row of foam tape to the outside edge (I love the rolls by Scotch 3M that you can cut down to size).

      Here's a quick and simple video showing how to make a basic shaker card, although there are a couple different ways to achieve the same thing:

      https://youtu.be/fh_SWEzKqso?t=99

      Hope this helps. :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely it helps!! Thank you so much! I love that you gave me products that you use. I find that the specific products work well when trying to make the exact card. Also, thank you for the video, that always helps with a basic idea. Have a wonderful Day and I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question in detail.

    ReplyDelete