Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Cruising Critters Cards with Angelica and Juliana

Hi friends! Angelica here with a great thank you card featuring the Cruising Critters stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Hello Card by Angelica Conrad

I stamped and Copic colored the critters, then used the coordinating die to die-cut it. The Cruising Critters stamp set has several words to put together for different themes. I put together a Thanks sentiment, and stamped it in a die-cut speech bubble from the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies. I die-cut a second gold speech bubble, and attached the sentiment on top, exposing a little gold at the bottom.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Hello Card by Angelica Conrad

I picked a blue pattern paper from the Heroic Half Tones Paper Pack, and cut it to 4 x 5.25. I added a strip of gold washi tape to the bottom of the paper, then attached it to a card base with foam adhesive. I attached the critters and speech bubble with thin foam squares to finish the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Hello Card by Angelica Conrad

I hope I have given you ideas for this adorable stamp set. Thanks for stopping by!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Juliana here today to share a new for me interactive card featuring a hidden pull tab! I combined this with the adorable Cruising Critters Stamp Set, so that when you pull the tab, the sentiment is revealed and the little critters go cruising along! Let me share with you how it all came together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

To get started, I stamped, colored and die cut the Cruising Critters image and the sun from the Sunny Sentiments Stamp Set and set them to the side. I then began working on how to create the hidden pull tab feature. I watched a few videos to see what might work best and came up with the following plan.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

Background Panel: I selected a piece of blue gingham paper (Gingham Pastels) for the background. I then took a blue grid paper (Gingham Pastels) and die cut it using one of the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies. Next, I took a blue polka dot paper (Dots and Stripes Pastels) and cut it with a different Fluffy Clouds Border Die. Then, I took one of the Woodland Border Dies and cut a piece of green grid paper (Gingham Pastels). Finally, I cut a strip of grey polka dot paper (Polka Dot Parade). Put this piece to the side for later.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

I then layered each of these to create the scene adhered all of them together EXCEPT for the grey polka dot and then I took the stitched rectangle die from the Frilly Frames Retro Petals and die cut them. The die cut through all 4 layers of paper with no problems! When placing the green grass area, make sure to leave at least 1.75 inches of paper below the top of the die cut so you have room for the pull tab mechanism.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

Pull Tab Mechanism: To create this, I used a ruler and pencil to help me draw 2 slits on each edge of the background panel. They are 0.25 inches from the bottom and 0.5 inches from each side. Each slit is 0.5 inches tall and about 1/8” wide. I then used a craft knife to cut through the layers to create the slit.

Next, I took a plastic treat bag and cut a strip of it that was slightly thinner than 0.5 inches and long enough to go through both slits and wrap around the back. I used a tape runner to adhere the ends together and trimmed off any excess. Make sure to place this taped section toward the left slit on the backside of the card. Add double sided foam tape on the outer side of each of the slits and cut a piece in half and place it below the plastic strip.  At this time, you can cut 2 cardstock strips to 0.5 x 1.25” and adhere them to the backside of the plastic strip. Add foam tape to the top of these. This is where the card will be attached. Play around with the exact placement of these tabs so that your car slides.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

Flip the panel over and adhere your pull tab. I used a piece of white cardstock trimmed to 0.5” wide and then I trimmed off the excess once I had my card completed and the sentiment stamped on the pull tab. Next, take double sided foam tape, cut it in half and adhere a piece above and below the pull tab on the backside. This helps hold the slider in place. You can also add a piece of fun foam to the backside , above the top piece of foam tape, so the panel is flat against your card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the pull tab mechanism was completed, I could add the grey polka dot paper. I used the stitched rectangle die from the Frilly Frames Retro Petals to cut the paper and then used my paper cut to trim a strip from this to 11/8 inches tall.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cruising Critters Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Hello Card by Juliana Michaels

I then adhered the Cruising Critters image to the pull tab mechanism making sure the tires where on the road! I then added the sun and the cruising die cut that comes with the Cruising Critters Die Set. To complete the card, I stamped the sentiment onto the pull tab and then mounted the entire panel onto a piece of green cardstock cut to 4.25x5.5 inches.

I hope you enjoyed learning how I created this hidden pull tab card using the Cruising Critters Stamp Set. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Dies
Cruising Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. So inspirational!!! The backgrounds are as amazing as the main image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards with these adorable critters. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the chick is such an adorable addition!! I LOVE the car, and how they are all piled in.

    ReplyDelete