Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Catch A Wave Cards with Julianna and Angelica

Hello friends! It's Juliana here today to share a mermazing card with you today that featuring the Catch A Waves Dies combined with the Magical Mermaids and Best Fishes Stamp Sets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids, Best Fishes, Catch A Wave Dies & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

I began by stamping and coloring images from the Magical Mermaids Stamp Set and Best Fishes Stamp Sets. I colored them with Copic markers and added some details using Sakura Glaze Pens. I then die cut them using the Magical Mermaid Dies and Best Fishes Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids, Best Fishes, Catch A Wave Dies & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

For the sea floor, I used the Woodland Border Dies and cut it from a piece of sand colored cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids, Best Fishes, Catch A Wave Dies & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

I then went about creating the underwater part of the background using the Catch A Waves Dies. I used each of the dies to cut a piece of blue cardstock. I then inked the edges with Distress Oxide in Salty Ocean.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids, Best Fishes, Catch A Wave Dies & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

For a touch of shimmer, I added Therm O Web Glitz Glitter Gel in Turquoise Sea to the edges of the waves. This gel makes adding glitter to a project so easy and without all the mess of loose glitter! Once the gel was dry, I trimmed the pieces to fit behind the inside of the Fancy Frames Rectangle Die cut from white cardstock. Once the background was completed, I began creating my underwater scene with all of my stamped images. I then adhered this entire piece onto a blue piece of cardstock before adding it to my card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids, Best Fishes, Catch A Wave Dies & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

As an added bit of fun, I wanted the sentiment to continue to the inside of the card. I stamped part of it on the front and the rest on the inside, along with the cute little lobster from the Best Fishes Stamp Set.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration using the Catch A Wave Dies combined with a touch of shimmer and shine! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends, Angelica here sharing a card showcasing Catch A Wave dies. I used the three dies to make my white background.

s, Best Fishes & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Shaker Card by Angelica Conrad

I die-cut one panel of white card stock with the dies. I put the die cut pieces back together on top of another panel covered with Stick-It Adhesive. I trimmed the panel down, then die-cut a circle for a shaker window. I closed the window with acetate, and wrapped thin foam strips around the window. I filled it the window with clear jewels and confetti, then closed it with an alcohol ink background. I added foam adhesive to the back the panel, and adhered it to a card base.

s, Best Fishes & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Shaker Card by Angelica Conrad

I stamped and Copic-colored images from the Best Fishes stamp set, and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I adhered a die-cut Fancy Frames Circle over the window, then attached the colored images and heat-embossed sentiment with foam squares.

s, Best Fishes & Fancy Frames Summer Themed Shaker Card by Angelica Conrad

I hope I have helped with ideas on using the Catch a Wave Dies. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. What a super card! I really love the mermaid card and the sweet but simple inside is perfect!!! 👍

    ReplyDelete