Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Wrap Around Gift Boxes with Juliana and Mendi

Hello friends! It's Juliana with you today to share a Happy Birthday gift box featuring the Wrap Around Box Dies and a mix of stamps from the Best Fishes Stamps and Oceans of Joy Stamps. I recently shared a sloth themed birthday gift box featuring this Wrap Around Box Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

To get started I took a piece of Bristol Paper and die cut the gift box using the Wrap Around Box Dies. Following the instructions, I assembled the box and put it to the side. Next, I took the stitched rectangle die included with this die set and cut 4 panels from Bristol Paper. I choose to use Bristol Paper because I wanted to color them using Distress Inks and I find this ink blends wonderfully on this paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

I knew I wanted to create an underwater ocean scene. However, instead of regular die cutting and layering, I decided to go for an inlaid design. To achieve this, I took the Catch A Wave Dies and the Woodland Border Dies and used them to create an inlaid design on the die cut stitched rectangles. Using Therm O Web Purple Tape, I taped the dies down onto the die cut rectangle piece and ran them through my die cut machine. I then applied Distress Oxide ink in Salty Ocean to the water pieces and Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo to the bottom piece.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

To give the wave die cut pieces a more underwater look, I splattered water onto them and dabbed it dry with a paper towel. This removed some of the ink and gave me the look of water bubbles. For the sand, I splattered these pieces with watered down brown and black paint. White I waited for everything to dry, I die cut 4 more stitched rectangles. I then put each of the panels back together, and adhered them to the rectangles. They were then ready to attach to the gift box. For the top section of the gift box, I once again used Bristol Paper and inked it with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

I then went about stamping and coloring a bunch of images from the Best Fishes Stamps and Oceans of Joy Stamps. To color the images, I used Copic Markers and then die cut them using the Best Fishes Dies and Oceans of Joy Dies. Once all of the coloring was finished, I began grouping the images together to create a scene for each side of the box. I used double sided foam adhesive to adhere some of the images for a bit of dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

To complete the gift box, I die cut a tag from Wrap Around Box Dies and then added a sentiment and a couple of starfish from the Best Fishes Stamps. I then punched a hole in one of the top pieces of the box and tied on the tag with a piece of green and white baker's twine.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July and Best Fishes Ocean Themed Gift Boxes (using Wrap Around Box Die) by Juliana Michaels and Mendi Yoshikawa

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this bit of birthday gift box inspiration featuring the Wrap Around Box Dies!

---------------------------------------------

Hello there!  Mendi here, filling in for Angelica today. I'm excited to be sharing a patriotic themed treat box using the Wrap Around Box dies. To carry out my theme, I turned to my favorite Classic Gingham and Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper Packs.  

I started by cutting four of the box panels from white cardstock and then four of the stitched rectangles to decorate the sides from the white gingham patterned paper. This type of pattern doesn't matter which direction it's turned so I was able to get all four sides from a single 6x6 sheet, by turning the die horizontal for two and and vertical for the remaining two. I then just die-cut portions of the rectangle from the red and blue versions, hanging the die off my paper and trimming them down to just over an inch.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July Red, White & Blue Patriotic Star Treat Box (using Wrap Around Box dies)

To embellish my box, I turned to star dies from our Window Trio Square Dies and Fancy Frames Square Dies sets, cutting them from Red, white and blue textured cardstock. To add a little something extra, I then layered each of them with some Americana Star Crystals.

Sunny Studio Stamps: 4th of July Red, White & Blue Patriotic Star Treat Box (using Wrap Around Box dies)

As a last touch, I created a matching tag from my scraps using the Wrap Around Box die set, stamping and heat embossing it with a sentiment from our Happy Thoughts Stamps (and the word "happy" from our Fabulous Flamingos Stamps).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fourth of July Red, White & Blue Patriotic Star Treat Box (using Wrap Around Box dies & Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper)

I hope we've inspired you to create some fun summer themed treat boxes of your own. They are so much fun to decorate for all sorts of occasions! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Trio- Square Die
Window Trio- Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wrap Around Box Die
Wrap Around Box Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment