Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Frilly Frames Dies Cards with Angelica and Juliana

Hi friends, Angelica here with a fun rainbow card. I love rainbows, and I love butterflies... so why not bring them together, right?? I used the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies to bring dimension to the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

I went through my bin of card stock scraps, pulled out a rainbow of colors, and die-cut butterflies from the Basic Mini Shape Dies II. I also die-cut the bodies from black card stock. I glued them together, then got my card front ready. I added foam strips on the back side of the white Frilly Frames die cut, then attached it to a card base. I added white gel pen highlights to the butterflies, and attached them to the card. My last step was adding a white heat-embossed sentiment on black card stock. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

I love the white-on-white dimension, and is a perfect backdrop for the rainbow of butterflies. That's all that I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

--------------------------------------------------

Hello Friends! It's Juliana here to share 2 card ideas using the Frilly Frame Dies. I love how these dies can mix and match to create unlimited design options for your cards. Each card has a different take on how to use the dies, including how to use the negative pieces to create a second card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

To create the background on the first card, I centered the Frilly Frames Chevron Dies in the middle of a piece of light pink cardstock cut to 4.25 x 5.5 inches. I used Therm O Web Purple Tape to hold the die in place as I ran it through my die cutting machine. I repeated this same process with a piece of darker pink cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

Next I took these darker pink piece and die cut it using the stitched scallop frame from the Frilly Frames Chevron Dies. I again used Therm O Web Purple Tape to hold the die in place. I then trimmed the lighter pink down to fit behind the darker pink piece and adhered them together. During the adhering process, I lifted some of the light pink pieces to lay on top of the darker pink pieces for added interest. I then trimmed a piece of pink patterned paper from the Flirty Flowers Paper and adhered that behind the die cut frames.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

For the card front, I added a Fancy Frames Oval Die cut from white cardstock. I then stamped and colored an adorable flamingo from the Fabulous Flamingoes Stamps. The sentiment is from the Fabulous Flamingoes Stamps as well and I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock die cut using the pennant die from the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

To achieve the notched die on each end, I simple ran the die half way through my die cut machine, I then flipped the die over to cut the other end and ran that end halfway through my die cut machine. As always, I used Therm O Web Purple Tape to hold the die in place. I then finished off the card by adding some pink jewels to the frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

For the second card, I took the negative pieces that you might normally throw away and used them to create a fun geometric design. I began by die cutting a piece of white cardstock using the zig zag die from the Frilly Frames Stripes Die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fabulous Flamingos Happy Word Cards by Angelica Conrad and Juliana Michaels

I then took the chevron shaped die cut scraps from the first card, lined them up and adhered them onto the white cardstock frame. Next, I die cut “happy” from black cardstock using the Happy Word Die. I then stamped “birthday” from the Silly Sloths Stamps. To complete the card, I added some pink jewels.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed learning some new ways to use the Frilly Frame Dies. We can't wait to see how you use them on your next card!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Word Die
Happy Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Mini Basic Shape Dies II
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you have the most adorable stamps and die cuts. Hope to be shopping with you soon.

    ReplyDelete