Saturday, April 20, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Fabulous Flamingos Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hello there! It’s Keeway Tsao from Kiwi Koncepts and I’m excited to be back guest blogging here again! The Summer 2019 release is absolutely fantastic and got me pumped up for the warmer weather. Today, I’ll be showcasing the Fabulous Flamingos stamp set in two flamazing cards!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

I stamped all the flamingos in the set in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers. Then, I used the matching dies to die cut the images out.

I created an ink blended background with Evergreen Borough, Broken China, and Antique Linen Distress Oxide inks. Then, I heat embossed the sentiment in silver towards to top center.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

For the shaker, I created a white frame to encase some sparkly sequins and chunky glitter by using the Frilly Frames Chevron Die and a basic rectangle die to cut out the center.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

I closed the shaker area with only one layer of foam since I was working which much finer shaker components. The chunky glitter sure adds a beautiful effect doesn’t it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

For my next card, I also used the foliage images in the Fabulous Flamingos stamp set. I love all the variety! I also stamped the images here in dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers, and die cut with the matching dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

I wanted to create a scene with the bottom looking like water, so I ink blended a background with Chipped Sapphire bottom up and Tumbled Glass distress oxide inks top down. For the top half I used the Fluffy Clouds Die to create a stitched cloud pattern. I also die cut a couple clouds out of white card stock to add.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Stripes Dies Fluffy Clouds Birthday Card Summer Themed Card by Keeway Tsao

I heat embossed the sentiment ‘happy summer’ in white in the bottom center. Then, I added a line of foliage right at the edge of the water. I added my flamingo trio last to the card with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards with the cute flamingos..I loved the colors on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete