Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Love Monkey Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello friends! It's Juliana Michaels with you and today I'm sharing a sweet little Valentine's Day Card featuring the adorable Love Monkey Stamp Set. Last week I shared a card using these stamps for a birthday card. I just love how versatile this set can be!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Fancy Frames Love Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

To get started, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest die from the Fancy Frames Rectangle Die Set. To fill the frame, I took a piece of red paper from the Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper Pad and trimmed it to fit inside the white frame. I used an extra die cut frame as a guide to help with this.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Fancy Frames Love Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

I knew I wanted a strong Valentine's theme to the card, so I decided to layer a big heart from the Stitched Heart Dies on top of this to hold the scene I was going to create with the stamps. Because the heart was wider than the frame, I knew I would have to trim off some of the heart. I also wanted the stitching to show on the outside of the heart. Using the largest die from the Stitched Heart Dies I die cut the red gingham paper. I used Therm O Web Purple Tape to help hold the die in place. I then used the same die to cut a piece of Bristol Paper. I took the heart cut from the Bristol Paper and applied ink to the center using an ink blending tool and Distress Ink in Spun Sugar. Remember to tap off the excess on your craft mat before applying it to the paper to help achieve a smooth blend.

Once the background was finished, I started creating my scene. I began by stamping the adorable Love Monkey Stamp Set images and then colored them with Copic Markers. After I was finished coloring, I die cut them using the coordinating Love Monkey Die Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Fancy Frames Love Themed Card by Juliana Michaels

For the sentiment, I stamped the words onto black cardstock with Versamark Embossing Ink and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. To complete the card, I adhered a few red cardstock hearts that I die cut using the Stitched Heart Die Set.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of Valentine's Day Card inspiration using the Love Monkey Stamp Set. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

---------------------------------------------------------

Happy Tuesday everyone! Angelica here with a card to share with you featuring the adorable Love Monkeys stamp set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Fall Flicks Filmstrips Love Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

The first thing I did with this stamp set was color all the monkeys. I stamped the images onto white card stock with Memento Black Tuxedo ink, then used Copic Markers to color. After Coloring, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I was so pleasantly surprised at how detailed the dies cut!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Fall Flicks Filmstrips Love Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

Next, I die-cut black card stock with the Fall Flicks Filmstrip Die. I used liquid glue to attach the filmstrip to a white card front panel. I filled in the empty spaces of the filmstrip with papers from the Flirty Flowers Paper Pack. I picked out all of the images I wanted to use to make my scene, and backed them with foam squares. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Fall Flicks Filmstrips Love Themed Card by Angelica Conrad

I stamped a small sentiment under the film strip, then added the images. I attached the card front to craft foam for more dimension, then glued the panel to an A2 card base. My final touch was adding Glossy Accents to the tiny die cut hearts.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Heart Dies
Stitched Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies
Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: