Thursday, January 17, 2019

Love Monkey Cards with Anja and Vanessa

Hi everyone, Anja here sharing a love themed card using the new Love Monkey set. These cuties have stolen my heart!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Fancy Frames Circles Love Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi

I started with an A2 card base cut from blush pink cardstock. Next, I picked some patterned papers in nice coral tones. One is from the Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper pack and the other from the Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper pack. I really like how you can mix and match them. I cut the gingham paper slightly smaller than A2 and directly adhered it to the card base.

I wanted the monkeys to sit in a circle window and created it by mounting the floral paper on a piece of fun foam and die cutting a circle. I also die cut one of the Fancy Frames Circle Dies from cardstock and put it on top of the circle opening as an decorative accent.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Fancy Frames Circles Love Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi

Now, I stamped the monkey couple as well as the heart balloons from another image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers (colors listed below). I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out and glued the balloon strings behind the tails of the monkeys.

(Copic colors used: monkeys - E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20 – E70, E71, E74, E77, E79; balloons/bow - R000, R20, R21, R22, R24, R27)

I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark Ink on a black cardstock banner and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Finally, I popped up the monkeys with foam tape and added three die cut hearts next to the sentiment banner.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Enjoy your day!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Vanessa here today with a fun shadow box card using Love Monkey. I love interactive, pop-up, sliding cards and it is a lot easier to create them than you might think. Here is what I came up with.

Sunny Studio Stamp: Love Monkey Happy Birthday Shadow Box Monkey Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

First, I created the box base. For this, I trimmed two pieces of cardstock the size 7 x 4 1/4, scored them at 1 1/2 and 4 and die-cut a square from the front piece. 

Sunny Studio Stamp: Love Monkey Happy Birthday Shadow Box Monkey Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

After I had assembled the box, I trimmed a square from white cardstock for the background, inked it with an ink blending tool and a cloud stencil and adhered it. Now I stamped the images onto white cardstock, colored them with Copics, die-cut them with the matching dies and adhered them to the box.

Sunny Studio Stamp: Love Monkey Happy Birthday Shadow Box Monkey Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

For a second layer, I just added a strip of the green cardstock to the top and the bottom of the box and was able to adhere some images there for more depth.
Sunny Studio Stamp: Love Monkey Happy Birthday Shadow Box Monkey Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Finally, I stamped the sentiment, using the Polar Playmates stamp set, onto a strip of red cardstock, heat-embossed it with white embossing powder, trimmed it and adhered it to the background.

Sunny Studio Stamp: Love Monkey Happy Birthday Shadow Box Monkey Themed Card by Vanessa Menhorn

As you can see, it is no problem to put this card into an envelope to send it to someone special!

Sorry for the photo-heavy post :) Thanks for visiting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Polar Playmates Stamps
Polar Playmates Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Flirty Flowers 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute stamp set and the cards are both so much fun. Thanks for the shadow box instructions too.

    ReplyDelete