Saturday, December 8, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Winter Themed Cards with Leanne West

Hi everyone! Leanne West here with you today and for my last guest post of the year I’m sharing three projects that are very die-cut dominant. In fact only the sentiments are stamped. I put some the newest stand alone dies and Holiday Cheer paper pack to good use so let’s get started.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Tag Warm & Cozy Fancy Frames Mug Hugs Sweater Vest Loopy Letter Dies Winter Themed Cards by Leanne West

First up is a decorative tag. I always like to dress up little gifts such as this fun cocoa mix and marshmallow filled cone. I used the Build-A-Tag #1 dies (with rounded tops) to create two tags that I layered together slightly askew. I decorated the tag with the mug and mittens which are from the Warm & Cozy die set. I die cut the mug from kraft card stock. To lighten the kraft color, I sponged on some white pigment ink over mug.  


Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Tag Warm & Cozy Fancy Frames Mug Hugs Sweater Vest Loopy Letter Dies Winter Themed Cards by Leanne West

All pattern paper for my tags is from the Holiday Cheer paper pack except for the mittens.  The blue gingham paper I used for the mittens is from the Classic Gingham paper pack. I die cut a little banner for the sentiment. This die comes from the Fancy Frames Rectangle die set. I white heat embossed the sentiment which is from the Mug Hugs stamp set. I punched a hole in the sentiment banner and tied it plus the layered tags to the top of the cocoa mix cone with baker’s twine.  


Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Tag Warm & Cozy Fancy Frames Mug Hugs Sweater Vest Loopy Letter Dies Winter Themed Cards by Leanne West

For my second project I made a quick and easy shaped card using the Sweater Vest dies. I think this type of card will be perfect to enclose a gift card to the recipient’s favorite clothing store. Again I used pattern paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pack and some plain card stock for the white trim. That argyle works perfectly to adorn the front of the sweater and serves as ground for the sentiment. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment which is from the Alpaca Holiday stamp set.  


Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Tag Warm & Cozy Fancy Frames Mug Hugs Sweater Vest Loopy Letter Dies Winter Themed Cards by Leanne West

For my final project today I wanted to create a colorful holiday card using the adorable stocking hat in the Warm & Cozy die set. I started with a card base that measures 4 inches wide by 8.5 inches long. I cut a panel of light blue card stock that’s just a half inch narrower than the width of the card. I die cut a decorative border with one of the Stitched Scalloped dies and the multi color stripe pattern from the Holiday Cheer paper pack.  


Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Tag Warm & Cozy Fancy Frames Mug Hugs Sweater Vest Loopy Letter Dies Winter Themed Cards by Leanne West

I die cut all the components for the stocking hat to create five hats in different colors. I die cut the pom pom and trim out of white card stock and then sponged on a coordinating ink to make four of the hats monochromatic. I wanted the fifth hat to stand out so I used the same stripe as the border and added some die cut holly.  

I added a stamped and die cut sentiment. The stamped part of the sentiment is from the Festive Greetings stamp set which I white heat embossed on a thin strip of pink card stock.  From the same pink card stock I die cut letters using the Loopy Letters alphabet dies to spell out “warm & cozy”. Lastly I die cut several tiny snowflakes to embellish the top half of the card.  

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty holiday season! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:


Mug Hugs Dies
Mug Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mug Hugs Stamps
Mug Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Scallop Dies
Stitched Scallop Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Festive Greetings Stamps
Festive Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Alpaca Holiday Dies
Alpaca Holiday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Loopy Letters Dies
Loopy Letters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Vest Dies
Sweater Vest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Warm & Cozy Dies
Warm & Cozy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

5 comments:

  1. Way too much cuteness! I'm going to feature her cocoa tag in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL of these! I wish I could get at least ONE of my many white ink pads to stamp as solidly as yours did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The secret is actually using white or clear versamark ink with a white opaque embossing powder. I highly recommend the white powder--You'll be in love. :)

      Delete