Saturday, December 15, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Christmas Cards with Anika Lerche

Hey stampers, Anni here. I am back again as a guest designer and so happy that Mendi is such a kind person to let me come back for a few cards.

Today I have a set of cards for you that I created using the die set Warm & Cozy, sentiments from the stamp set Alpaca Holiday and patterned paper from Holiday Cheer. The die set Warm & Cozy is full of possibilities. I really liked it when I first saw it. But when I crafted with it, it totally blew my mind because it is so well thought through. I think, that is typical for Mendi's work. 

You got so many options with this set to decorate the hat, the gloves and the mugs. I really love it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Alpaca Holiday Holiday Cheer Kraft Background Christmas Cards by Anika Lerche

I started by die cutting all the images I needed from patterned paper and from cardstock. Then I assembled the hats, the gloves and the mugs and added some shading with grey alcohol marker.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Alpaca Holiday Holiday Cheer Kraft Background Christmas Cards by Anika Lerche

To create the backgrounds I added some ink blending with a white pigment ink on kraft cardstock. To add some interest I also stamped some stars with the same ink on the background and splattered some watered down white acrylic paint on the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Alpaca Holiday Holiday Cheer Kraft Background Christmas Cards by Anika Lerche

For the sentiment I stamped "Warm Christmas Wishes" on a stripe of dark brown cardstock. I really love that there are so many possibilities to choose from in this set. Not only so many words to combine but also different fonts - so awesome!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Alpaca Holiday Holiday Cheer Kraft Background Christmas Cards by Anika Lerche


Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Alpaca Holiday Holiday Cheer Kraft Background Christmas Cards by Anika Lerche

I had so much fun playing with these goodies and it was a pleasure to be a guest designer for Sunny Studio!

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.

Sunny Studio Supplies: 

Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Alpaca Holiday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio


Warm & Cozy Dies
Warm & Cozy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Such a smart move to bring the uber-talented Anni back!!! These cards provide such awesome inspiration. Love the color combo on craft and the white distress background to highlight the focal point - these are SO going on my Pinterest board...
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, these are wonderful cards! These die cuts from the patterned paper look very tender, specially on the white blended background - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete