Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Sneak Peek: Alpaca Holiday Stamps, Warm & Cozy Dies & New Paper!

Hello and welcome to day 2 of our sneak peek week as we count down to our new Winter release debuting on Friday!

Today I'm sharing product peeks and card ideas for some adorable wintery themed stamps and dies, along with a brand new Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper pack.  Yay!  I can't can't wait to get started!

Card No. 1:  Up first is a card using our new Alpaca Holiday Stamps.  I normally lean towards bright colors, but the soft colors of my alpaca images made me want to do something pastel and I loved how the aqua and cotton candy pink sky looked with them. 

The set comes with a 3.75" mountain border so to have it cover my entire card, I stamped an extra and overlapped one of the peeks to have it look continuous.  For my sky I heat embossed our Frosty Flurries stamps with some white embossing powder onto a background that had been sponged with Spun Sugar distress ink.  For my snowy hills, I cut three borders using our Woodland Border Dies and then sponged the edges with tumbled glass distress ink.  


As a final finishing touch I stamped my sentiment using the pennant from our Fancy Frames Rectangle dies.  This die actually only has the "v" on one side so I left half of it hanging off my cutting plates and then flipped it around and did the same thing on the other side.  The stitching grooves "lock" the die in place so it's a fun trick to get extra life from the die. ;)
Sunny Studio Stamps: Alpaca Holiday Pastel Pink & Aqua Snowy Winter Christmas Card

Card No. 2:  For my next card I used another die-cutting trick where I cut our Happy Word die three times: once from red cardstock, once from the green patterned paper and once from white cardstock.  When I cut it from the red I positioned it where I wanted it to be on my card front and I once again hung the end of the die off the edge so it wouldn't cut from the end of my letter "h".  I then backed it out of my die-cutting machine before I cut the opposite end of the letter "y" as well.  I then used a ruler with an cutting knife to cut my frame around the word.  From there I filled in the background pieces with the negative space left from my white and green papers and heat embossed the word "holidays" using our Happy Thoughts stamps.

Many of the alpacas in this set have striped scarfs or hats so you can do come fun combinations to make them match each other or your patterned papers.  Love how they look as a colorful striped print!
Sunny Studio Stamps: Alpaca Holiday "Happy Holidays" Christmas Card

Card No. 3: For my third card I embossed a piece of ivory cardstock using our new Cable Knit Embossing Folder.  I think it's such a cute compliment to these little guys! I repeatedly stamped the same image three times and colored them just slightly different and topped them with a little santa hat that comes as a separate accessory.  

Even though these are technically alpacas I couldn't resist the urge to create a custom Christmas sentiment using our new Loopy Letter dies (which will be fully unveiled on Friday).  Our Ric Rac border dies cut from red cardstock added a little extra pop of color and a fun detail to finish off my card.
Sunny Studio Stamps Alpaca Holiday Fa La La Llama Ivory Christmas Card (using Cable Knit embossing folder)

Card No. 4: For my final alpaca card, I thought it would be fun to create a scene using the two little gift images from the set.  I framed my scene using our new Stitched Oval dies layered together with our Fancy Frames Oval dies.  For a subtle pattern in my background, I stamped the the gifts and the little stars from the set onto kraft cardstock using Colorbox Gingersnap Ink.  I finished off my card with a sentiment borrowed from a set I'll be revealing tomorrow.  I heat embossed the greeting onto a piece of red cardstock and clipped the ends using our Fishtail Banner dies.

Card No. 5:  Up next is a super fun die set call Warm & Cozy.  It comes with all the parts and pieces you need to create personalized Hats, mittens and hot cocoa mugs (or even coffee depending on how you lean).  ;)

For my card I cut my pieces from pink and brown patterned paper using a variety of small prints from our 6x6 paper pads (linked below). I created my grid design using the second from the smallest scalloped square from our Fancy Frames Square dies and inked up the background behind them with some Spun Sugar distress ink. I just love how these colors look together!
Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Winter Hat, Mittens & Hot Cocoa Christmas Card by Mendi Yoshikawa


Card No. 6: For my next project I created a set of holiday gift tags using the hot cocoa mug together with a new tag die you'll be seeing more of tomorrow and our brand new Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper Pack.  There are so many fun prints that are sized just right to embellish your tags and cards.  So fun, right?!  I'm pretty smitten with them. Better yet, the back of each paper in the pack has a great tone-on-tone print that I can't get enough of.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Hot Cocoa Christmas Gift Tags by Mendi Yoshikawa

Card No. 7:  Rainbow hats?!  Yes, please. I love that this die set comes with the stripes, polka-dots, chevron stripe, two different pom-pom options, plus a snowflake and heart all to decorate the hats, mittens and mugs with to your hearts content.  I had a grand time playing and experimenting with all the combinations that can be created! 

I finished my card with a sentiment heat embossed from our Heartfelt Greetings stamps which was paired with our Wishes Word die.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Warm Winter Wishes Hat Christmas Card by Mendi Yoshikawa

Card No. 8:  For my next card I wanted to use one of the borders from our new 6x6 paper pad together with the Hot Cocoa die.  For my steam I used the wind stamp from our Fall Kiddos stamps, stamped in a light grey onto my background.  The sentiment from our Mug Hugs stamps couldn't have been more perfect.  In fact all of the sentiments from that set are a great compliment to these dies.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy We Go Together Like Cocoa & Marshmallows Holiday Card by Mendi Yoshikawa

Card No. 9:
For my final card of the day I created a colorblocked background to ground my little mittens which were cut from patterns found in our Rainbow Bright paper packI borrowed the words from our new Alpaca Holiday Stamps 
for my greeting .  I love how the words have been separated in this set for ultimate flexibility and endless phrasing options!
Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Winter Wishes Snowflake Mittens Rainbow Holiday Card by Mendi Yoshikawa

Phew!  Are you still with me? I hope you've enjoyed today's sneak peeks. I'd love to hear what you think.  You're comments mean so much and I love reading every one of them.  :)

Make sure to keep checking back all this week as we reveal more sets from the new release.  On Friday we will be celebrating our company's third birthday with a special blog hop with loads of special guests and prizes.

Here's a closer look at the new Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper pack, stamps & coordinating dies used today (available for purchase on Friday, September 28th). 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Alpaca Holiday 4x6 Clear Photopolymer Stamps    Sunny Studio Stamps: Alpaca Holiday Coordinating Low Profile Metal Cutting Dies  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Warm & Cozy Winter Hat, Mittens & Hot Cocoa Low Profile Metal Cutting Dies       Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Cheer 6x6 Double Sided Christmas & Winter Themed Patterned Paper Pack

Other Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
Fishtail Banner Dies
Fishtail Banner Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heartfelt Wishes Stamps
Heartfelt Wishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mug Hugs Stamps
Mug Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wishes Word Die
Wishes Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Memento Tuxedo Black Marker
Memento Tuxedo Black Marker
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tsukineko Jumbo Dauber
Tsukineko Jumbo Dauber
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frosty Flurries Stamps
Frosty Flurries Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ric Rac Border Dies
Ric Rac Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Word Die
Happy Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cable Knit Embossing
Cable Knit Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Versafine Clair Ink- Acorn
Versafine Clair Ink- Acorn
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

34 comments:

  1. oh my CUTE!!!!! Alpacas and cocoa/coffee??!!!! Love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration for these stamps. I drew a blank when I saw the Alpaca stamps wondering how I would use them but the designs sure cleared this for me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up Friday!!! lol Can't wait to get Warm & Cozy and the paper pack!!
    The llama is just darling and Mendi, your cards are always a delight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The alpacas are so adorable! Love it all really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This release is all so cute! And I love every one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...it just kept getting better and better! Now I can't wait until release day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your cards are adorable!! The mittens!! The cups!!! The llamas!!! Just FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Mendi you've outdone yourself with these lovely cards! The alpacas are so sweet! I love the holiday cheer pack. The colours are so pretty! The mittens and the hats are so adorable. And I love how you used the "wind" stamp to simulate the "steam" in the mug. So clever! Now hurry up and show us the rest! Lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little lamas are the cutest lamas I've ever seen !!! And all your cards are also lovely. The happy colors are perfect for these period of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Man!!! These llamas are just the Sweetest critters EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am squealing with excitement over today's cute projects and exciting new products!! Do you know how I have longed for a cute mitten die, especially small mittens!??! And the cups of cocoa on the cards and in the new paper pad are just SO cute!!! I am really looking forward to the Blog Hop to see what people with be making with these fantastic new items in the SS store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful cards! I love the cute llama set, and all the fun winter designs... the snowflakes, hats, mittens, cups of cocoa... all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, fabulous, I see so many must have items here! : 0 Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WARM and COZY diecut set and that paper is a MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa you have been busy!!!! Gorgeous cards and tags! I really love the colors in the paper pack! Super cute and I cannot wait to see more!!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow so beautiful! Everything so far is just perfect! That paper pad is stunning ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Warm and Cozy is a must have!!!! Love the new paper too.
    Irresistible, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great products and the papers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute, Mendi! Love the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. O M G ! Those Alpaca are to die for! My daughter loves Llama and Alpaca so this is obviously one I'm going to have to have. Actually, I need the mugs, mittens and hats too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those alpacas are the sweetest little things! I love their little hats and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet, all those hats & mittens to decorate up. Your alpacas look much cuter in their winter clothes than the alpacas in the field at the top of our village, they get blankets only.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are soo adorable!! I don't know what to love more! I really can't wait for Friday! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in luuuvv. You have done an outstanding job on both the products for this release and the projects today. I want the alpacas, the hats, the tag sets....

    ReplyDelete
  25. What FUN Christmas colors and ideas!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Can't wait until FRIDAY:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. "Warm & Cozy" is amazing! I'd been looking for something like this set, and you are my answer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh My !! How adorable are these alpacas !! 😍 Love, Marjorie
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete