Sunday, August 12, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Sliding Window Card & Video with Laura Sterckx

Hi everybody! It's Laura Sterckx here from Making Cards Is Fun and I'm glad to be back with another guest post on the Sunny Studio blog. When Mendi showed me the Fall 2018 Release I fell head over heels in love. The first set that spoke to me was the Home Sweet Gnome set. Just look at those adorable images and the fun sentiments. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Home Sweet Gnome Card by Laura Sterckx

I decided to pair up the Home Sweet Gnome set with the Sliding Window die to create a cute pop up card. I stepped out of my comfort zone with this card since I usually stick to clean and simple designs. Thankfully, this die made it so easy and fast!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Home Sweet Gnome Card by Laura Sterckx

I colored images from the Home Sweet Gnome set with Copic Sketch Markers and added sparkle with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen and a coat of Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sliding Window Home Sweet Gnome Card by Laura Sterckx

For my sentiment, I paired together two stamps from the gnome set and heat embossed them with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder from WOW. Finally, I applied Tonic Nuvo Drops here and there.



I created a video showing the making of this card as well. You can find more videos on my YouTube channel. That's it for now. Thank you so much for stopping by. Enjoy this new release!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Laura, like always! I enjoyed your video!

    ReplyDelete