Saturday, July 21, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Leanne West

Hi everyone! Leanne West here today and I am very happy to be back with another guest blog post. I’ve been playing with many of the products from the Fall Release and absolutely loving them!! I have to say fall themed stamps are my favorite but what struck me the most about the new sets was that they don’t necessarily have to be used for making fall themed cards. I’m sharing four cards today that demonstrate my point. 

I’ve used Copic markers to color all the images and the coordinating dies to cut them out. A white gel pen was used to add some highlight detail. My go-to for scene backgrounds is ink blending on Bristol Smooth card stock. To help frame up the these scenes I’ve used the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies and Fancy Frame Circle Dies. All four of my cards are standard A2 size. 

These first two cards feature the Happy Harvest stamp set and coordinating dies. I just love the tree image and made it the focal point on both cards. One is definitely for fall and the other is a thank you card for any time of year. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Harvest Home Sweet Gnome Woodland Borders Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

For the "Autumn Blessings" card I used colors and images indicative of fall. I’ve colored the bottom hill border in a warm shade of green and the leaves on the tree are a mix of green, orange, and yellow. I decided to use the pumpkins and crows to up the fall factor of the scene but really there are so many options within this one stamp set to make many different fall scenes. And I just love that there’s a open space in the tree image to stamp a smiley face. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Harvest Home Sweet Gnome Woodland Borders Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

For the "Heartfelt Thanks" card I used brighter colors for the sky background and a cool shade of green for the hill border. I made the tree an apple tree and turned the crows into bluebirds . For the space in the center of the tree I stamped the heart image that’s included in the set. It looks like the heart is carved right into the tree trunk. I think apples can be for anytime of the year and for anyone. This would be a great teacher thank you card too! 

The next two cards feature the Home Sweet Gnome stamp set and coordinating dies. Once again this set could be used to make fall cards or anytime cards depending on the mix of images and colors used. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Harvest Home Sweet Gnome Woodland Borders Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

For the "What’s Up Gnomie" card I colored the images in “fallish” colors and used some wood grain pattern paper from the new Amazing Argyle 6x6 paper pack. The gnomes and mushrooms are so fun to color and the sky’s the limit with color choices. That’s what makes this stamp set so versatile! As you can see with my next card it has a very different vibe even though I’ve still used a gnome and mushrooms as the focal points. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Harvest Home Sweet Gnome Woodland Borders Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

For this last card I wanted to created a scene with a more summery feel. Switching up the colors to very bright pinks, yellows, greens, and blues helped accomplish that. I used some Classic Gingham 6x6 patterned paper in a coordinating pink to complete the look. 

I also wanted to note - for both of my Gnome cards I used a die from the new Woodland Borders die set to get those perfect rolling hills. 

I can’t say enough great things about these two new stamp sets I’ve used on today’s cards. They are must haves for sure! Thank you for joining me today and big thank you to Mendi for inviting me back. Until next time ;) happy stamping! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Dies
Happy Harvest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

7 comments: