Monday, July 16, 2018

Fruit Cocktail Embossed Background Birthday Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I'm sharing a card using the brand new Fruit Cocktail stamp set. I hope you are all loving the new release as much as I am! This is the newest layering set and Mendi did a great job. I love these layering fruits, they're super fun and unique! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fruit Cocktail Fancy Frames Rectangle Embossed Background Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today, I started off with stamping my images out. I used various colours of Altenew Inks to stamp them out. One trick I always like to do is to stamp out my main image first, then die cut it out and then proceed to stamp the leaves/stems separately so they line up correctly. Once my images were stamped and cut, I set them off to the side to work on the background. I took a Woven Embossing Folder from WRMK and ran it through my Big Shot Machine, while I had my die cutting machine out I also used some kraft cardstock and the Fancy Frames Rectangles Dies and die cut the smallest rectangle. 

(Inks Used: Peach Perfect, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag / Rouge, Crimson, Velvet / Bamboo, Parrot, Olive / Mocha / Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Evergreen)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fruit Cocktail Fancy Frames Rectangle Embossed Background Birthday Card by Eloise Blue

Now that all my elements were ready, I just quickly blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto the middle of my embossed white background. Then I added foam tape onto the backs of all my images and adhered them into place. Then I adhered the frame around it. Now, since I used all the fruit I didn't want the sentiment to be specific to any of them, so I just white heat embossed the 'Have A Great Birthday' sentiment onto a thin strip of black adhesive and adhered that into place as well. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and you're loving this new layering set as much as I am. Make sure to keep coming back to the blog to see lots of new inspiration for the new release and I'll catch you next week! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fruit Cocktail Stamps
Fruit Cocktail Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fruit Cocktail Dies
Fruit Cocktail Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

5 comments:

  1. I loved the card !!the fruits look so realistic and the woven BG ,like a basket !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the layering stamps! I'm not an artist by any means so I have a hard time with coloring/shading and getting things to look right. With the layering stamps it makes it look like I'm an artist LOL. The fruit on your card looks so real I want to pick up a piece and eat it :)

    ReplyDelete