Friday, June 29, 2018

Oceans Of Joy Summer Themed Birthday Shadow Box Card with Lexa

Hello everyone! Lexa here today with a new technique, the "inside shadow box", that I've learned from Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel. I just love this kind of simple yet surprising greeting cards, and I think they will make anyone's day. Don't you agree? I used two older stamp sets from Sunny Studio - Oceans Of Joy and Magical Mermaids.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Birthday Shadow Box Card by Lexa Levana

I kept the front of the card simple and adorable. I used the turquoise polka dotted patterned paper from the Polka-Dot Parade paper pad just because - polka dots are life. Yes, I love them that much! I created a circle panel with basic dies, and then blended Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress inks onto it. I also stamped some bubbles with matching dye inks on the background. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Birthday Shadow Box Card by Lexa Levana

All of the images are stamped with Versafine black ink and watercolored with Distress markers like I always do. I curved the sentiment and stamped it on the bottom part of the circle. The adorable turtle, along with his little friends, are bringing two balloons for someone inside this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Birthday Shadow Box Card by Lexa Levana

Ok, this is the most exciting part. When you open the card, it creates a shadow box inside. Look who's here? The little mermaid and her little fellas. I love it so much and I think I will make tons of cards like this in the future. I adhered some of the images in the front panel and some of them in the back to create a proper dimensions.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Birthday Shadow Box Card by Lexa Levana

This is how the card looks from different side. I stamped "happy birthday" inside. I hope you've enjoyed this fun card. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card!!! I also have made a few of these style cards by Jennifer. She is great right?! Love your card hon, keep making more!
    Hugs,
    JO

    ReplyDelete