Monday, May 14, 2018

Berry Bliss Dotted Embossed Background Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I'll be using the Berry Bliss set to create a friendship card. I love Mendi's layering sets so much and I think I have a new favourite. Especially because I can use lots of bright colours. This set is super unique and fun and so easy to create with!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Berry Bliss Dotted Embossed Background Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I first started out with my background. I used a Dotted Embossing Folder from We R Memory Keepers and ran it through my big shot machine with a white piece of cardstock. I set it off to the side and started stamping. I pulled out a ton of Altenew Layering Inks for all my layers today, since they're in sets already for me and stamped them out. My biggest tip is to use an eraser on each layer of stamp to get a really nice clean impression. I find that this just preps the stamp a bit and gives a smoother coverage. Second tip is to stamp the main fruit first, so for the strawberries, stamp all but the leaves, same for the cherries and blackberries. Then, use the coordinating dies to cut them out and then proceed to stamp the leaves/stems. This ensures you get perfect alignment of them. 

(Inks Used: Rouge, Crimson, Velvet - Cherries / Cotton Candy, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Jet Black - Strawberries / Arctic, Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue - Blueberries / Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Midnight Violet - Blackberries / Bamboo, Olive - Leaves/Stems)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Berry Bliss Dotted Embossed Background Card by Eloise Blue

Once they were all stamped and die cut I added foam tape to the backs of them and adhered them onto my embossed background. I just fitted them in where I could and once I was happy with how they looked, I moved onto my sentiment. I white heat embossed the 'Hi Sweetie' sentiment from the set onto a black strip of cardstock. I popped that up on foam tape too and my card was complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you love this set as much as I do and are inspired and I'll catch you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Berry Bliss Stamps
Berry Bliss Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Berry Bliss Dies
Berry Bliss Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: