Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Beach Babies Water Splash Shaker Card with Franci

Hello there and happy Wednesday! Franci here with you today with a special shaker card featuring the new Beach Babies cuties! Here's what I created.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Water Splash Shaker Card by Franci Vignoli

I'm so excited about this project! Inside the shaker there are no embellishments or sequins or beads as I would usually use ... but real water! First, I created a card base in white cardstock and die cut two stitched rectangles. I then die cut another rectangle in the center of one of my panels and colored the second rectangle by sponging it with Distress inks. I used Salty Ocean and Peacock Feather to achieve this watery look and then I splattered some water on it to create a watercolor effect.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Water Splash Shaker Card by Franci Vignoli

I stamped some images from the Beach Babies stamp set with a Copic friendly ink, colored them with Copics, and die cut them with their coordinating diesI filled a little Ziploc bag with some water (be sure not to fill it too much - less than a third will be enough!) and zipped it closed. I also recommend getting some air out of the Ziploc bag before closing so it will look more compact, and secure it even more with scotch tape.

I secured down the little bag onto my blue panel with some scotch tape and applied foam adhesive all around it. I stamped my sentiment onto the window panel with the same black ink used before and glued it down with the other one. Finally, I added all of the images with a combo of liquid glue and foam adhesive to my card creating this fun scene! I adhered my decorated panel to my card base and added some details with a white gel pen to all my images to complete my card.

I'm so super happy about how it turned out. Clean and simple, but with a twist! I shook it gently a few times and everything is fine. But I wouldn't recommend mailing a card like this, since it would be totally destroyed in the process. It's a very very delicate project! 

Hope you like my card and that you'll give this fun design a try. Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:


Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: