Saturday, April 28, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Leanne West

Hi there! Leanne West here and I’m so happy to be a guest for Sunny Studio today!! I’ve made 5 cards to share all featuring some of the newest Sunny Studio stamps. These new sets have so many fun and playful images for scene building which is right up my alley. All the images on my cards today were colored with Copic markers and cut out using the coordinating dies. I love making custom backgrounds so all the cards will have some form of inking or pattern stamping. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Summer Fast Food Fun Punny Critter Campout Cards by Leanne West

For these first two cards I wanted to create summery beach scenes using images from Beach Babies, Sunny Sentiments, and Island Getaway. I just love that all of Sunny Studio’s stamps can be mixed and matched to give you endless scene building possibilities!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Summer Fast Food Fun Punny Critter Campout Cards by Leanne West

I had to make a card using the boy on the wave runner from Beach Babies - he’s just too cute! And I put him on an action wobbler for some extra fun!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Summer Fast Food Fun Punny Critter Campout Cards by Leanne West

Up next is a couple of cards using Fast Food Fun. When I was looking for coloring ideas for the food I came across a retro fast food illustration that had a chalkboard like striped background that I loved so I tried to recreate it here. I also used some of the new Classic Gingham pattern paper. I think the red, black, and gray is such a classic color combo which fits perfectly with this card's theme. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Summer Fast Food Fun Punny Critter Campout Cards by Leanne West

My second fast food card is a 4 bar size. I used several of the food images and made a custom sentiment by masking off part of the letters from “great” to spell “eat". All the guys in my family are so hard to buy for but I can always give them gift cards to their favorite restaurant. The 4 bar size is perfect for holding a gift card. I will be making several of these to have on hand!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Babies Summer Fast Food Fun Punny Critter Campout Cards by Leanne West

Lastly and maybe my favorite is the card I made using Critter Campout. I knew I was going to need more real estate to build the camping scene I had in mind so this card measures 4" x 9”. I wanted this card to have a rustic great outdoors vibe so I borrowed the evergreen tree images from the Gleeful Reindeer set to help with that. There’s lots of ink blending on this card’s background to create the night sky and the hills which I hand cut. 

I had so much fun making all these cards! Many thanks to Sunny Studio for having me as a guest today. Have a great weekend and happy stamping!! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Island Getaway Dies
Island Getaway Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Island Getaway Stamps
Island Getaway Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Stamps
Critter Campout Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Dies
Critter Campout Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fast Food Fun Dies
Fast Food Fun Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the GD spot Leanne!!!! Each and every card is so adorable and pretty! As it always is, your coloring is just perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol!!! Your support and kind words mean so much! Big hugs :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful cards! The Beach Babies are adorable, and I love your palm tree background! The Fast Food cards are so fun and perfect for gift cards. I'm going to have to keep that idea in mind. Your campfire card is too cute! Your coloring and ink blending in all the cards is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments Cathy!! So glad you like the cards and I hope they gave you some ideas :)

      Delete