Monday, May 15, 2017

Two Scoops Ice Cream Cone Trio Birthday Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card featuring the Two Scoops layering stamp set. I love these layering sets - they're so fun and super easy to line up and create with. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Two Scooops Ice Cream Cone Trio Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I went ahead and stamped out my ice creams. I used some Altenew Layering Inks to do my stamping of the layers - since they come in sets of colours that layer well together, which is super helpful. Once I stamped down all my ice creams, I also did the cones in some orange-y colours. I then used the coordinating dies to cut them all out. 

For my background, I ink blended some Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed onto some watercolour paper lightly, then blended it out with some water. Once I was happy with the outcome I heat dried it with my heat tool. I went ahead and used a rounded rectangle die to die cut my water-coloured piece and then used some green cardstock and the Stitched Scallop dies to cut down a small strip of scallops to adhere onto the background. I also ran that piece back through with the rounded rectangle die so it would have the stitching on the sides, too. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Two Scooops Ice Cream Cone Trio Card by Eloise Blue

I adhered the scallop strip and background together and then stamped the sentiment 'Have A Sweet Day' in black ink onto my background from the Perfect Popsicles stamp set. I then tied some hemp cord in a bow around the top of the scalloped piece. I adhered down my ice creams with some foam tape on top of my panel also.

To finish up my card I adhered down a piece of grey cardstock to my card base, then added fun foam onto the back of my panel and adhered that down to my card base too. For a last finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella in the clear onto the top of my ice creams and that finished up my card for this week.

I hope you enjoyed my card and got inspired and I'll catch you all next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

No comments:

Post a Comment