Friday, April 28, 2017

Pirate Pals Belated Pirate Birthday Card with Lexa

Hello everyone! Lexa here with a card starring the brand new stamp set called Pirate Pals and it's coordinating dies. I'm really in love with this set, which is a perfect one for boy cards. All the elements are just perfect to create a scene. You also can pair it up with some other older stamp sets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pirate Pals Boy Themed Birthday Card by Lexa Levana

As for my card, I use the island and a tree from Island Getaway to build up my scene where the little pirate finally found his treasure. I colored this little boy to look like Peter Pan, and I think it turned out pretty cute. And I must say that I love the brand new Stitched Scalloped Dies because you can use it two ways. Both as a stitched scalloped border, or just like I did with this card, a stitched wavy border. Cute! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pirate Pals Boy Themed Birthday Card by Lexa Levana

I blended some Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feather Distress inks for the background. All the images are stamped with black Versafine ink and I watercolored them all with Distress Markers. Last but not least, I layered my card on a piece of burlap patterned paper, to match all the brown in the center image.

I hope you enjoy today's post. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment