Friday, February 3, 2017

You Color My World Card by Lexa

Hello everyone! Lexa here today with a card starring the Friends & Family stamp set and coordinating dies. This stamp set not only has a bunch of beautiful solid flowers for spring cards but also beautiful sentiments to go with it. And the best part about it is you can use it all year 'round.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turtley Awesome You Color My World Card by Lexa Levana (using Friends & Family & Color Me Happy)

I started this card with a piece of 4.25" x 4.25" white cardstock and created a sunset sky with Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks. I also die cut a simple stitched hill and traced them lightly with a pencil so I would know where to stamp the stems for my flowers. Before I adhered the hills to the background, I stamped the sentiment from Color Me Happy and a green polka-dot print for the grass.

I stamped the adorable turtles from Turtley Awesome with black Versafine ink and watercolored them using Distress Markers. Aren't they too sweet? I stamped my solid flowers with pink and purple dye inks with a yellow ink for the center and adhered them all together with some foam tape to add dimension. Last but not least, I choose a grey & white heart patterned paper as the card base for my card.. So the world around the turtles is so colorful compared to the grey background, if you know what I mean. :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turtley Awesome You Color My World Card by Lexa Levana (using Friends & Family & Color Me Happy)

I really hope you like my card for today. I wish you an awesome day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
        



1 comment: