Monday, February 6, 2017

Timeless Tulips Valentines Day Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here today and I'm showing you a card I made with the new Timeless Tulips stamp set. I love these layering sets they're so much fun to use.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips Valentine's Day Card by Eloise Blue.

To start off I chose lots of different pink and purple ink pads from my stash and stamped out all my tulips from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. I used an acrylic block to stamp all these out since I found it easier and they're super easy to line up anyways. Once I had all my tulips stamped out I used some green inks to stamp the stems and leaves. I then used the coordinating dies to die cut them all out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips Valentine's Day Card by Eloise Blue.

Once all my stamping was done I could move onto the background. I pulled a piece of watercolour paper and acetate. I then also pulled 3 Distress Inks out too for there background. I could have used dye inks here too, like the ones I used for stamping but I thought that I would get a better blend between colours with Distress Inks. So once I chose my colours I went ahead and pressed each of the colours onto the acetate, sprayed it with water and smooshed it down onto my watercolour paper. This gives a fun watercolour look and it's super easy. Once I had placed down one colour, I dried it slightly with a heat tool and moved onto the next colours and I just repeated this till I was happy with the look. Once I was done I dried it completely with my heat tool. I then adhered all my tulips on top using liquid and foam adhesive. For my sentiment I used the Sending My Love stamp set and white heat embossed the Happy Valentines Day sentiment onto a pink banner and then adhered that to my card also with foam tape. To finish up the card completely I added some Wink of Stella and adhered the panel to a kraft card base.

Thanks for stopping by today I hope you enjoyed and got inspired. Check back the rest of the week for more inspiration using the new products.

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Products Used:
    

8 comments: