Monday, February 27, 2017

Sun Ray Dies Rainbow Background Card with Eloise

Hi everyone. Eloise here and today I'm using the Sun Ray dies to create a fun rainbow background. Along with the Sun Ray dies, I'm also using the Friends & Family stamp set and Friends & Family Word dies for my sentiment also.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sun Ray Dies Rainbow Background Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I die cut a ton of the Sun Rays out of some watercolour cardstock. I then pulled lots of Distress Ink colours and ink blended them all with different colours and arranged them in rainbow order. Once they were all coloured, I went ahead and added adhesive to a scrap piece of paper and adhered them all done in the order I wanted. I then trimmed down the edges and any excess paper sticking out on the sides. I then added some fun foam on the back and adhered it to the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sun Ray Dies Rainbow Background Card by Eloise Blue

For the sentiment I die cut out the 'Friends' word die from the Friends & Family Word dies from some black cardstock and black fun foam and adhered them together, then onto my card. For the sentiment, it came from the Friends & Family stamp set and I stamped down the 'are better than therapy' in black ink underneath. For a finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella in the clear to the 'Friends' word.

That finishes up my card for today. These Sun Ray dies have so many uses, I just wanted to try and use them a little differently today.

Stop back by the blog the rest of the week for more inspiration!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

4 comments:

  1. that's the second time this weekend that I've seen fun foam
    used to add depth to a card. It's a great idea. Going
    to have to start using that idea rather than the pop dots.
    The card is so pretty. Love the color combination and
    how they blend together.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eloise ~ This card is bright, cheery and fun! Absolutely love it. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete