Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Merry Sentiments and Festive Friends with Emily

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments & Sending My Love Cat & Dog Christmas Card by Emily Leiphart.

Hi, everyone! Today, I'm sharing a card using the Merry Sentiments mini stamp set. I created a two-line sentiment to frame this festive couple from Sending My Love. After heat embossing and watercolouring with distress inks, I fussy cut the animal heads, bodies and their gifts. The heads and gifts are popped up with foam tape.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments & Sending My Love Cat & Dog Christmas Card by Emily Leiphart.

The sentiments were first heat embossed on watercolour cardstock. Then I gave a two-colour wash with a large, flat brush, and added bright yellow and black splatter.  I die cut several snowflakes from Santa's Helpers Dies and strategically adhered them to cover up some smudges at the top of the card.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments & Sending My Love Cat & Dog Christmas Card by Emily Leiphart.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      


4 comments:

  1. This is SO nicely done. I love the color combo you chose, the bright colors and the black against the colors. The watercolor splash behind the figures look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea with those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww these little friends are so cute!!! Really cute card!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete