Friday, November 4, 2016

Christmas Icons Merry With Friends Card by Lexa

Hello everyone!  Lexa here today with more inspirations for your Christmas cards. I can't believe it's November already, Christmas is around the corner. This card is inspired by some pretty wrapping paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Icons No Line Watercoloring Holiday Card by Lexa Levana.

I started with a piece of 4"x 5.5" watercolor paper, and stamped some images from Christmas Icons with Tattered Rose Distress Ink (or you can use light color ones you have for no-line watercoloring) I colored all the images with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor palette. This step took a while but it was so much fun at the same time. I choose classic Christmas color tones this time, red, green and gold. While I was doing some coloring, I always tried to keep the color chart in my head so that I keep in track. That's my trick. After finished with all the images, I colored the gap in between with gold watercolor. Believe me, it's so much prettier in real life. I try my best to capture the shine and how sparkly it is.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Icons No Line Watercoloring Holiday Card by Lexa Levana.

I die-cut the Merry Word die three times on a white cardstock and one time on the red one. I stacked and adhered all of them together, so it's thick enough to give a dimension to my card. To accompany the word merry, I used Merry Sentiments and gold embossed it on a strip of black cardstock. I'm happy with the result. Last but not least, I tie a white twine and a wooden button for an embellishment.

I hope you like and get inspired by my card. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

2 comments: