Monday, August 22, 2016

School Time Melted Crayon Inspired Card with Eloise

Hi there! Eloise here again today and I'm here to show you a card I used featuring the School Time stamp set and dies. I love seeing that melted crayon art that you see and I wanted to create a card like that today using watercolours.


Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time Crayon Watercolor Thank You Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card I stamped and embossed lots of crayons from the School Time stamp set on some watercolour paper. I then used my Peerless Watercolours to watercolour them in. Once they were dry I die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I then took a piece of watercolour cardstock once again and used the a stitched rectangle die to die cut it out. I then used the same Peerless Watercolour colours to watercolour the background in rainbow order. I did a super messy watercolour to try and replicate the look of the watercolour dripping down. I then dried it off with a heat tool to dry it completely. I then used foam adhesive to adhere down my crayons onto the top of the die cut rectangle.


Sunny Studio Stamps: School Time Crayon Watercolor Thank You Card by Eloise Blue.

For my sentiment I cut a thin strip of black cardstock and stamped down the 'thank you' sentiment from the same set and white heat embossed it. I foam mounted that onto the panel and then went onto adhering my card together. I was going to just adhere it onto the white card base but I wanted to break it up a little so I cut a scalloped rectangle out of some kraft cardstock and adhered that flat onto the card. I then used some fun foam on the back of the watercoloured panel and adhered that down too. To finish it off I used some Wink of Stella on the crayons to give it a little sparkle.

That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed and got inspired to use this School Time stamp set. Make sure you check out the blog this week for more inspiration using this set!

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Products Used:

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Eloise!! This card is SO fun, not to mention colorful! I absolutely love it and hope you don't mind if I CASE this one. Awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun and colorful card and I love the look!!! Great job Eloise!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful, Cute & Fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete