Friday, July 29, 2016

Baby Bear Watercolored Panels Card with Lexa

Happy Friday everyone! Lexa here with another sweet baby card using Baby Bear stamps and coordinating dies. I create watercolored square panels and lots of cute baby stuff for my card. I just can't resist all the adorably tiny little things on this set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Bear Watercolored Grid-Style Card by Lexa Levana.

I start my card by creating watercolor backgrounds in blue, yellow and green on a piece of watercolor paper. I then cut 6 panels with a basic stitched square die. I love the color combination! Then I stamped all my images in Versafine Onyx Black and watercolored them with Distress Markers. I also create some details with a white gel pen--it always adds extra something. The onesie, milk bottle, diaper pin, a pair of tiny socks, and a blue polka-dot sleepsuit...aren't they the cutest?

Coordinating dies surely make everything easier, but sometime I need to fussy cut them as I did on the blue bib. So it looks like a built-in stamp, I was inspired by Mendi's cards, she does it a lot. Finally I tied brown twine on the top, it matches my baby bear perfectly.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Bear Watercolored Grid-Style Card by Lexa Levana.

I hope you like today's card. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a darling card!! It is a perfect way to celebrate a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexa ~ This card (and your coloring!) is absolutely precious!! I'm a self-described Distress Ink Junkie and love the way you've used the markers here. Such a heart-warming card that anyone would love to receive. I'm envisioning this in a frame atop the babies' dresser. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexa this card if fabulous!!! I love that you created this card in a block style... and added a stamp in each one! Your coloring if beautiful and I really do enjoy this card!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this - those watercolor squares are the perfect backdrop for the cute, cute images!! Wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete