Monday, May 9, 2016

Everyday Stars & Stripes Encouragement & Celebration Cards with Eloise

Hello everyone! Eloise here and today I’m back today to show you my creations for the new Stars and Stripes stamp set. This set is based around 4th of July but it is so super versatile, that you can use it for many other uses besides 4th of July. There’s a ton of different images and sentiments in here to make lots of different projects for different occasions, which is what I’m going to be doing today. So for today’s cards I made two different simple cards from this stamp set, just using the banner image that has the curvy stripes in it (or it could be a rainbow as well) and for the second card, I’m going to be using the star images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Everyday Stars & Stripes Encouragement and Celebration Cards by Eloise Blue.

So for my first card, I stamped out a ton of the banner images from the Stars and Stripes stamp set on some watercolour cardstock. I coloured them all in with my peerless watercolours in rainbow colours and then die cut them all out using the coordinating dies.

I then took a piece of white cardstock and started arranging them. I started at the bottom first, so I grabbed my purple and first adhered the first banner down in the middle and then adhered the other two on each side with some foam adhesive. Because I didn’t want any gaps between the images, I used four blue banners for the next time to butt them up in between the purple banners to make sure there are no white spots showing. To adhere these ones I just added runner adhesive on the bottoms of the banner and a little foam strip on the top to make it flush. I continued up the panel going 3 banners, 4 banners, 3 banners etc to create a fun pattern. To make it more full also I added in a few more shades of the same colour as well so it would go higher up on my card. Once I finished at my pink layer, I used a black strip of cardstock. I white heat embossed the sentiment – ‘Let’s Celebrate’ from the same Stars and Stripes set also and then adhered that black strip a little over top of the banners to not show the edges of them. To finish up the first card I added some Wink of Stella to the banners and then adhered the panel onto a white card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Everyday Stars & Stripes Encouragement and Celebration Cards by Eloise Blue.

For my second card, I wanted to use all these different sized stars. So I created a small panel out of some watercolour cardstock and distress ink blended some blacks, blues and purples to create a dark night sky. I flicked on some water and shimmer to finish off the night sky look. I then stamped out the stars from the Stars and Stripes stamp set on some more of the same watercolour cardstock, and then clear embossed over it. I then used some Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers to watercolour in the stars yellow. I die cut them out using the coordinating dies . I adhered them down to the background and then moved onto my sentiment. I cut a strip of black cardstock and white heat embossed the ‘Reach For The Stars’ from the same stamp set on it and then foam mounted it on the panel. I then took some fun foam and adhered it to the back of my panel and then the panel onto my card base. For a finishing touch I took my Wink of Stella and coated the stars with it for some more sparkle and shine.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you check out the blog everyday for some more inspiration using this stamp set!

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Stamps Products Used:

4 comments:

  1. Love how you show how to use stamps in a different way! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My STARS - what a clever girl you are, Eloise!!! Love these cards and your use of parts of this stamp set to create such fresh and wonderful cards is just amazing!! You are so creative and I love what you have created!!

    ReplyDelete