Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sending a Smile Birthday Card with Audrey

Hi there!  Audrey here!  I am so sad that this will be my last post as part of the Sunny Studio design team.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the team and have had so much fun!


Today I am sharing a card using the Bundled Up stamp set and Birthday Smiles stamp set.  I stamped the balloons from the Birthday Smiles stamp set on the top of my white card base, followed by the balloon strings.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut two penguins from the Bundled Up stamp set and grounded them on a piece of black cardstock.  

To add a fun pop of color, I added a strip of cardstock that was inked with distress inks in a rainbow of colors, and then along the left edge, a piece of polka dot paper.  I added a black and white twine bow along the bottom, and stamped a sentiment from Birthday Smiles in the top right corner.  It didn't pop enough for my liking, so I outlined it with a white gel pen, a trick I learned from a fellow stamper, Kelly.  Finally, I added a scattering of clear sequins in various sizes.


That's all for me today, but before I go we have one final sneak peek for the Spring release with another look at the Sunny Borders stamps (with coordinating dies).  This set not only features some fun borders, but all a very versatile banner die and extra sentiment to fit inside.  :)



Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more inspiration from the design team!! :)



3 comments:

  1. I love this card! Penguins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Penguins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute and fun cards. The penguins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete