Monday, December 28, 2015

Inspiration Week: Introducing Rain or Shine & Sunny Sentiments

Hello there!  I'm so excited to be kicking off the week for the first two companion sets from our Spring release called Rain or Shine and Sunny Sentiments!

My first card uses several of the main focal point images from the sent including the umbrella, puppy dog in the raincoat and a puddle.  I used Stormy Sky distress ink with a foam applicator to ink the top of my card panel and then stamped a repeat raindrop pattern with several of the extra raindrops in the set.


Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine Let's Weather It Together Spring Card

My next card uses the rainbows and clouds from Rain or Shine and the sun, stars, sentiment and extra die from Sunny Sentiments.  I inked on some soft Tumbled Glass ink around the edges and colored in my images with Copic markers.  

Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine & Sunny Sentiments Rainbow Card

I wanted to create another card with the puppy dog this time focusing on a happy rainbow color scheme.  I designed the dog with both arms outstretched to increase the flexiblity in your scene building and making it possible to hold the umbrella in either paw.  

I love having this umbrella and all the design possibilities it offers.  Later in the week I will be sharing some cards that use it one it's own for both baby and wedding shower cards.  ;)
Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine Umbrella Spring Card

For my last card I used the second sunshine from the Sunny Sentiments and mixed the large and small clouds from the two sets along with a happy sentiment. 
Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine & Sunny Sentiments Sunburst Card

Well that's all I have for you today, but I honestly couldn't stop playing with these sets so you will be seeing more cards incorporating these images and sentiments in my future cards.  

Here's a full look at the stamp sets and their coordinating dies.  For the Sunny Sentiment dies, most of the dies were designed to cut out a shadow around the stamped images, but the grass is actually the same as the grass stamp so you can either use it to stamp or cut out your border.  I have found myself using both versions quite a bit with the other sets so you will see that pop up quite a bit later in the week as well. :)


Sunny Studio Rain or Shine Stamp SetSunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine Die Set

                   Sunny Studio Sunny Sentiments Stamp SetSunny Studio Sunny Sentiments Die Set

Sunny Studio Sunshine Word Die


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired you and that you will come back for another look at tomorrow's stamp set.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Such beautiful inspirations! Love the rainbow style, all creations are so perfect, love this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Mendi! These cards are all gorgeous! My favorite is that beautiful rainbow card! WOW you outdid yourself! These stamps and dies are PERFECT! I need to save my money as I need a few already!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    P.S.
    Please say a prayer for me. I go in for surgery this morning at 8am EST. I need to be at the hospital though by 6am, just five short hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comments Jo. I just now saw this, but I was thinking of you at this exact same time and sent you an email last night. I've been praying for you. I hope your surgery went well. Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Yes surgery went well! I am going to be sending you an email in a bit to catch you up ... love ya girl!
      Hugs,
      xox

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful cards!! They are all on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete